Saw some photos of these lovely rainbow bars on Instagram some time ago and I was just very tempted to try it out on Saturday. I must be mad to want to do this amidst rushing for two assignments this weekend, but nevertheless I am extremely pleased with my rainbow treats, and so were my friends. Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside: best of both worlds!
Bought a box of Fruity Pebbles Cereals and a packet of marshmallow (100g i think) for $8 from Fairprice. Used only half a box of fruity pebbles in the end, so yaye to leftover cereals for breakfast. Bought the wrong brand of marshmallow though. The one that I got was really sticky and it melted even before I started heating, so it took me some time to get those gooey sticky marshmallows out of the package.
Recipe is all the way below and have fun making it! No baking needed so it is actually rather simple! If any of you tried it, let me know how it went! :)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 pkg. (10-1/2 oz.) miniature marshmallows (6 cups)
- 1 pkg. (13 oz.) Fruity Pebbles Cereals (about 8-1/2 cups)
- Microwave butter in 4-qt. microwavable bowl on HIGH 45 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1-1/2 minutes or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 45 seconds. (If you don't have a microwave, you can heat it in a pan, over the stove too)
- Add cereal; mix well.
- Press firmly into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch pan. Cool (I put mine into the fridge for around 1 hour and it remained really crispy even after a day). Cut into as many portions as you like!
Recipe from: http://www.postfoods.com/recipes/marshmallow-crispy-treats
Have fun with the rainbow treats!