Pancakes with Banana Slices and Blackberry Jam
What's there not to love about weekend brunch? For a change, I decided to make my own brunch since I was too lazy and busy to head out, and also, I wanted to try out the pancake mix which I bought a few weeks ago (it was on sale so why not).
If you want to make your own pancake mix, which I think you should, you could try using this recipe which I found on foodnetwork.com. They have quite a variety of other easy and interesting recipes too.
Time needed: 25 minutes
Serving Size: 10-12 pancakes
1 cup of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
Dash of salt
1 cup of buttermilk
3 teaspoons of melted butter
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. Using a whisk or large fork, mix in the buttermilk and egg until well combined and smooth.
3. Stir in the melted butter
4. Head non-stick griddle over medium heat.
5. Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour pancake batter onto hot griddle.
6. When pancake is golden brown, flip to cook other side.
7. Keep warm in over heated to 275 degrees
Add-ons: For variations such as Blueberry and Banana pancakes, stir in 1 cup of fresh berries or banana into the batter.